In a serie of exhibitions students from both the Art Academy and St.Lucas in Antwerp alternatively created a work for the empty plinth in the main garden of the Art Academy. Originally the plinth carried the statue of David Teniers, founder of the Academy in 1663. The original statue is now elsewhere in the city.
Thanks to this project not only the students had a possibility to show their own work on a base of historical relevance, but the plinth itself reacquired it's original purpose of presenting art.
Languages: Dutch, English